I beleive art is healing.when I draw I relax. I'm happy when a doodle is finished.Then I start a new one.no frustrations.this active relax recently is my main summer "spare-time"activity.Just pencils and paper.Taken everywhere.

marți, 10 ianuarie 2012

embossed tin can and "soul"...

what i'm going to show you it's my latest discovery wherewith i'm feeding lately my capricious soul .
always hungry for something new,always in hurry easily vulnerable this time related to my paper mache"researches" i was trying out a new technique which could improve my embossed design skills on paper.
looking for examples on the web i came across something totally  new for me-embossing metal.then a lovely tutorial on youtube by atomicshrimp called "drink can tinwork"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7vXNLpVafM
i was very happy having all the "ingredients"in hands- my husbands empty beer can, ball point pen and some precious time to try it out instantly.it was no success as probably our metal cup is too weak and broken when turned into the box shape.
at the same time i found Anjie's lovely blog where i could learn a bit more about embossing and the Mexican's tin can art thanks to her tutorial.i will show the picture of her metal bird and some colorful examples of the Mexican's tin cup art as she was very kind to allow me to use them in this post.
beside this her blog is full with awesome tutorials you may be tempted to try out.
the link to Anjie's tutorial http://www.pompomemporium.com/content/how-make-embossed-metal-heart-a-valentines-day-card-mexican-tin-art#



thank you Anjie!


 SOUL ~being this months theme at  www.artistsinblogland.blogspot.com my little doodles on these upcycled tin cans are my flickering "embossed soul" this time on metal :).
this technique combines my love for doodling,pattern designing,creating something new,recycling and playing.hope you'll enjoy my little cards...

ps-the first card is also upscycled -made on good quality cardboard coming from my boys toy wrap.





happy when alike souls are being connected..............stay warm......................ildi

7 comentarii:

  1. These are so exciting and lovely! What a fabulous use of those cans. The extra colour really shows off the embossing. What did you use for the colour? Thanks for sharing all the links as well.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. thank you Linda! i couldn't stop myself adding some color though it doesn't needs it much.it is painted with acrylics than stamped a few times to get rid of excess.
    leave it to dry then rub it with slightly dump cloth until you're pleased with the result.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. WOW!! You did a great job with that tin can!!!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  4. lol.many thanks Pumpkin!i just wonder how long it gonna take...this new passion ...

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  5. these are wonderful! the look of embossed metal is lovely

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  6. Wow, another way to create with up cycled products- thanks for sharing the information! And great job on converting your personal style into this medium; very clever!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  7. These are gorgeous - I just love them. I grew up in Santa Fe, NM and was surrounded by tin art. Never have tried it, but someday when I'm not doing the other art mediums I love I shall attempt it. So much art to try so little time!

    RăspundețiȘtergere