I beleive art is healing.when I draw I relax. I'm happy when a doodle is finished.Then I start a new one.no frustrations.this active relax recently is my main summer "spare-time"activity.Just pencils and paper.Taken everywhere.

miercuri, 19 ianuarie 2011

Laura Harm's weekly challange no. 5

my response to Laura's weekly challange called "orbs".
first i made a tile,took a soft brush and splashed some black ink stains on the paper and dried brush the whole tile.i wanted to start somewhere as my muse left me.i think i was intimidated by your gorgeous tiles and waited for a spark.
so after the big splash i had no more doubts and "fears"lol and everything came out just naturaly.
i was awoken by my husband saying that i should quit making circles and prepare something to feed our tummys,lol.this is what it came out.it is quite different approaching from what i usually do but it will do it.:)


thank you for your visit !(i may put a better picture tomorrow...)

20 de comentarii:

  1. That is really neat! I love the idea of soft brushing the tiles too. I hadn't thought of that.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. It's amazing what came out of a few dots of ink. Brilliant!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. I love how you started (and finished!)

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  4. what a neat idea - really enjoy how it turned out.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  5. Great idea - to splash that tile! Wonderful - very creative!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  6. Ildiko, this is PERFECT. I absolutely love it.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  7. very unique and gorgeous :)

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  8. It reminds me of beautifully deep and shiny obsidian brooches.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  9. Intricate and intriguing! Also really fun.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  10. Oh don't change it...awesome tangle. Very creative.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  11. thank you ladies! you've made my day !i saw brooches also though i had only (mistical)orbs in my mind...xo

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  12. Great job. Love your starter idea. Some of us can still be intimidated by the blank tile.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  13. i must admit i was more intimidated by the theme of the week.i cannot draw orbs as i would LIKE it(i love the heavy shading style).so i had to make the task easier somehow...but i hang on and will try to draw balls,orbs,bubbles...

    thank you Genevieve for your kind comment!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  14. So spontaneous, and yet the result is so elegant!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  15. This is so stunning!!!
    I love the whole process you described… That´s Zen, isn´t it? A few points fallen accidently onto the paper and then… going with the flow… You created a gorgeous ZT. It makes me think of ancient playing cards or maps!
    Very inspired,
    Phine

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  16. thank you Julie,Sandra and Phine ! i really appreciate your presence here ! it is so uplifting and encouraging! virtual hugs to you all !

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  17. Very cool! And I can totally relate to the - um, what about food instead of constant drawing… ;) Keep drawing!

    RăspundețiȘtergere